Diabetes TLC – Talk-Listen-Connect
Diabetes TLC is a one-to-one connection program for adults with type I and II diabetes. The program was co-founded and co-designed by Behavioral Diabetes Institute’s psychology staff and a Type I volunteer.
Diabetes TLC pairs clients with a TLC “teammate” who can best relate to their needs, based on age, gender, type of diabetes and current challenges.
Diabetes TLC offers one-to-one connection to those feeling “alone” or “burdened” with their diabetes and/or those who would like assistance improving their self management skills.
TO RECEIVE SUPPORT:
- Fill out and sign the Waiver Agreement – click here to download the PDF.
- Mail to:
Behavioral Diabetes Institute
P.O. Box 501866
San Diego, CA 92150
- When received, you will be called by Diabetes TLC Staff to conduct a brief intake interview.
- You may email or you can call (858) 336-8693 with any questions.
- For a colorful flyer giving more information, click here.
TO GIVE SUPPORT:
- Diabetes TLC is seeking supportive, compassionate individuals to join our team.
- All interested individuals:
- Will have an interview with the Diabetes TLC supervisor.
- Must attend a training workshop led by Diabetes TLC staff.
- Will attend ongoing training sessions, led by the program supervisor, which are conducted frequently.
- All training workshops are held in San Diego.
- If you are interested, please contact BDI at (858) 336-8693 or email us at A Diabetes TLC staff member will be in contact with you.
Do you have diabetes and are under age 21?
DiaBuddies is a special outreach program of JDRF San Diego that connects young people living with diabetes. Through mentoring, teen events and young adult events, the JDRF DiaBuddies are an enthusiastic network of volunteers. To get involved, or to find out more, please visit the DiaBuddies website at: www.diabuddies.org.